Monday, July 12, 2010

5th Birthday Party!

It has been so long since I have updated this blog! It's not that I haven't been cooking or baking, it has just been a stressful time and the blog just got off of my to-do list. I plan on changing that! I have some big plans for this blog and plan on getting much more involved and begin posting things more frequently. To kick-off my new enthusiasm and new look to the page, I want to share the birthday cake my sister-in-law and I made for her son's (my nephew) 5th birthday party. I wasn't there when she actually baked the cake, but she made a red velvet cake, and I was there to help with the decoration. I love being able to be at my nephews' birthday parties and love being the aunt that helps make their birthday cakes. :-)

The cake cut, frosting colored gray, and we're ready to begin. 

Now he's frosted, has fins (that stayed straight!) and a smile.

Now he's in water.

Close-up.

Now he has teeth, gills, and eyes. Really looks like a shark now. 

We added cupcakes that say the birthday boy's name and has fish on the ends. 

The finished product!

It was a great party and the birthday boy really liked his silly shark cake. :-)

No comments: